The main purpose for the establishment of Fauji Foundation is to look after the welfare of its Beneficiaries, (families of ex-servicemen) as defined in the Constitution / Scheme of Administration.
The welfare activities at Fauji Foundation can be classified into four broad categories i.e. Healthcare, Education, Training and Employment. It is extended through:-
- Free medical treatment and hospitalization through 116 Healthcare facilities.
- Subsidized Education upto higher secondary level through 100 educational institutions.
- Educational stipends, scholarships and awards.
- Free vocational training (along with stipend) for wives and daughters through 65 Vocational Training Centres.
- Free technical training (along with stipend) for ex – servicemen and their sons through 9 Technical Training Centres.
- Wherever possible, provide opportunities for employment of ex-servicemen compatible with their skills and the job requirement of the Foundation.
In addition to above, Fauji Foundation also assists the Services Headquarters and other defence related entities in looking after the welfare of ex-servicemen in other areas.
Whereas, all above services are primarily for the Beneficiaries, Fauji Foundation also extends normal healthcare, education and training services to the general public. Where required, employment opportunities are also offered to the local population.