Managing Director and CEO
Waqar Ahmed Malik
Mr. Malik’s corporate and business experience spans over 30 years across three continents. Mr. Malik is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and is also an alumnus of the Harvard Business School and INSEAD.
Earlier, his career with The ICI Plc Group based in the UK spanned over 27 years and then later with Akzo Nobel N.V. based in The Netherlands. He has also been the Chief Executive Officer of ICI Pakistan Limited and the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Lotte Pakistan Limited (formerly Pakistan PTA Limited). During his career with ICI and Akzo Nobel, he worked in Europe and Americas’ in Corporate Finance and Strategy
Mr. Waqar Ahmed Malik joined Fauji Foundation as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer on 9th April 2020.
Presently, he is serving as Chairman on the Boards of following Fauji Group Companies:
- Mari Petroleum Company Limited
- Fauji Fertilizer Company Limited
- FFC Energy Limited
- Fauji Fresh n Freeze Limited
- Fauji Cement Company Limited
- Askari Cement Limited
- Askari Bank Limited
- Fauji Akbar Portia Marine Terminal Limited
- Fauji Trans Terminal Limited
- Fauji Oil Terminal and Distribution Company Limited
- Fauji Infraavest Foods Limited
- Foundation Wind Energy-I & II Limited
- Foundation Power Company Dahrki Limited
- Fauji Kabir Wala Power Company Limited
- Fauji Fertilizer Bin Qasim Limited
- FFBL Power Company Limited
- Foundation Solar Energy (Private) Limited
- Daharki Power Holdings Limited
He is also Chairman of Pakistan Oxygen Limited (formally Linde Pakistan, a subsidiary of Linde AG) acquired by Adira Capital Holdings (Private) that he co-founded. Mr Malik is a non-executive Member of the Board of JAZZ Pakistan which is a subsidiary of Veon Limited, as well as non-executive Director of Rafhan Maize.
Earlier, Mr. Malik also served on the following boards:
- Engro Corporation Limited – Director (Non-Executive & Independent)
- Standard Charter Bank Pakistan Limited – Director (Non-Executive & Independent)
He played an instrumental role in development of Pakistan’s Regulatory System as well as for the advocacy to undertake economic reforms. Earlier he served as:
- Director – State Bank of Pakistan
- President – Overseas Chamber of Commerce & Industry (OICCI)
- President – Management Association of Pakistan (MAP)
- Director – Pakistan Business Council (PBC)
Mr. Malik was a member of the visiting faculty of Pakistan Institute of Corporate Governance, Former Member of Board of Governors of Lahore University of Management Science (LUMS) and Former Member of Board of Indus Valley School of Arts.
He participates actively in social and philanthropic activities through “I – Care” Foundation, as a Trustee, where he contributes to improve the quality of life of underprivileged by enhancing the level of philanthropic support.
A trustee of Duke of Edinburgh Trust Pakistan, he was awarded Prince of Wales Medal as a Trustee of the Prince of Wales Pakistan Recovery for the Flood Victims in 2010.